Thursday 13 June 2013

NOTD - Models Own in Grape Juice


I am a huge Essie fan, I love how pigmented the colours are and the big thick brush makes it so easy to apply a perfect coat, even on my left hand. Therefore I've never really given any other brands a chance, except for topcoats where my absolute favourite is the Nails Inc Albert Bridge. I saw a few bloggers raving about the pastel shades that Models Own brought out so decided to pick on up and give it a proper go.

Models Own Polish in Grape Juice £5 - Motel Rocks


I'm still not a huge fan, I mean the colour is lovely and really summery. I just found it quite difficult to apply and a bit gloopy. It's supposed to be grape scented which you can smell a little bit once its dried, but seeing as most people wear a top coat over it, which would over power the smell, I don't really get the point of it. The end result is alright, it just takes more effort to get it like that than it would with an Essie polish. This retails at £5 and Essie polishes are £7.99 so I'd rather pay the extra £2.99 to save myself some time.

P.s my giveway is still running, enter here!


4 comments:

  1. I'm a recent Essie convert and I totally know what you mean! I've found the Model's Own polishes that I've tried have been very thin, and similar to the OLD essie formula. Their new formula and brushes are gorgeous though, worth the £8! xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour! I have the Banana Split colour on at the mo and I do agree that they're not the easiest to apply. I have to do a million coats for it to come up as opaque and it takes ages to dry. Saying that, it is a lovely colour so it is vaguely worth it!

    Lauren at Stylingo
    http://www.stylingo.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame isn't, the colours are so lovely!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...