Wednesday 24 August 2016

Savisto 3 in 1 Hand Blender - Making humous!


 

The lovely people at Savisto contacted me and asked me if I'd like to review a product of theirs. As a new vegan and someone who is really getting into making my own food and trying new recipes I opted for the 3 in 1 hand blender (here). The hand blender comes with 3 attachments, a hand blender (obviously!), an electric whisk head and a 500ml food processor, it also comes with an 800ml beaker which you can use with the blender and/or the whisk. It comes in a swanky matte red colour and when I first opened it I was pretty impressed with the quality and the look of it, its a lot bigger and sturdier than I thought it would be. On the top of the hand blender unit is a dial which allows you to choose your speed setting (1-5) and on the front are 2 buttons, one for power and one labelled 'turbo' which gives a little extra boost of power.

So, I am going to be doing a little mini series where I (try to) use each setting of the hand blender to make something tasty. In this post I am going to be using the food processor setting to make my own hummus, which honestly is something I've always wanted to do!


So firstly, the ingredients. You will need:

1x 400g tin of chickpeas (or as I did, 2x 210g)
2 tbsp / 30ml Lemon Juice
2 tsp / 10ml Tahini
1 tsp / 5ml Chopped Garlic
1/4 tsp / 1.2ml Chilli powder (or cumin, your choice!)
4 tbsp / 60ml water

Method:

Super easy, chuck everything into a food processor and whizz it for as long as you fancy! I did mine for about 30 seconds, opened it up and tried it and decided it needed some more water and then did it for about 30 seconds more. Et voila!

I think it turned out pretty good. The food processor is so easy to use, you just literally throw everything in and its done in a minute or so. There were no lumps or anything in my hummus so the blades are clearly very sharp. The attachments are all very easy to clean, I let them soak in some warm soapy water and then gave them a wash afterwards and they are good as new.


So far I really like this handy little device and I'm super excited to try more recipes out! In the next post I will be using the whisk attachment and attempting to make vegan meringues so please keep an eye out for that!

Thank you all for reading, let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...